Saturday, September 11, 2010

Best, Lloyd Coming To Big Apple Comic Con

Jar Jar BinksBig Apple Comic Con is coming up in a couple more weeks, but it wasn't really on my radar. They had some cool guests like Mary McDonnell and Walter Koenig, but I'd already planned to go to New York Anime Festival in October.

Then I saw the announcement that Ahmed Best would be joining Jake Lloyd at the Big Apple show. Best, who portrayed Jar-Jar Binks in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, has not done many public appearances since Episode I came out. I think this is the first time he's ever done one on the East Coast.

Jar-Jar is probably the most reviled character in Star Wars history, but for that reason alone I would want to meet Best. Besides, I already have autographs from most of the other principal Star Wars cast members who appear on the convention circuit. There's no way I could pass up the chance to go see Best when he's coming to a con less than an hour from my home.

Photo courtesy Travelin' Librarian via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment